What started as a few startup enthusiasts meeting for a beer every week, has grown into a community of founders, makers and idea chasers. Below is a rough timeline of our startup journey.
We switch from meeting in a pub once a week, to meeting once a month for our flagship Founders events. The number of attendees slowly begin to increase as we experiment with different styles of events.
- 1-2-1 founder mentoring for Leeds Digital Festival
- We hit the road and take our event to Manchester
- Our 1st birthday at Futurelabs
We change our core Founders venue to Platform, above the train station in Leeds. We start to explore other new venues, hosting a series of events at The University of Law, including a failure panel.
- New venue for Founders at Platform
- Biggest crowd for Founders
- Our biggest startup quiz so far
In 2019 we focussed on theming our events: Creativity, Sustainability, Funding and Connectivity. We also had Rich & Sonia join the team! Both bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- Creativity event at Wizu Workspace and Sustainability at Kirkstall Forge
- Helped launch the Big Leeds Climate Conversation
- Funding event at The Walk and Connectivity at Nexus
Gary joins the team! We’re able to host a learning event with Hey! - before lockdown. We collaborate on a livestream with Consume, launch our Makers sessions and a range of initiatives that support the community.
- Launched Leeds Digital Makers
- Launched Freelancers of Leeds
- Launched Leeds Meetups